Our client is a well-established leader in online sports gaming with a Technical Centre of Excellence at Yonge and Sheppard. They need an Machine Learning Algorithm Developer.
You must be available to spend 1-2 months in Curacao (in the Caribbean) to receive extensive training about sports gaming domain. Of course all your expenses will be paid by the client – YES!!!
This company is profitable and growing with over 400 employees worldwide.
As a Machine Learning Algorithm Developer, you will be responsible for developing algorithms that will be the basis of our mathematical models for our understanding of sports markets, which will be used for automation. You MUST have a strong background in Machine Learning and Algorithm Development experience.
Essential Job Functions / Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform industrial research by developing math models and algorithms to be used in automated trading applications
• Evaluating state-of-the-art statistical modelling and Machine Learning approaches using large amounts of historical data
• Data Analysis, Visualization and Modelling with large datasets.
• Data Acquisition, Cleaning, and Transformation
Skills & Qualifications:
• Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computational Statistics or equivalent degree or experience.
• MS or PHD in Computer Science, specializing in Machine Learning is desirable.
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Initiative to work independently, but also able to work effectively with team members in different locations.
• Flexibility and adaptability to business requirements and priority changes.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Strong background in statistics
• Experience with Machine Learning algorithms and Probabilistic Models.
• Domain experience in on-line gaming and entertainment industry, Financial Markets (such as Stock Exchange, Options, Bonds, ForEx, etc), or other types of 2-sided markets is a plus
• SQL and SQL Server
• Experience with modern R packages and technologies such as dplyr, tidyR, data.table, shinyR
• Python and/or .NET (C# or VB) is a plus
• relevant experience with R or Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, etc) is a plus
• Experience using cloud computing platforms such as EC2 (AWS)
• Experience with Neural Networks or Deep Learning on large problems is a plus.
• Hadoop, MapReduce or High Performance Computing is a plus.
If you are Interested: